In my practice, I specialize in providing therapy to women and couples who are faced with the pain and struggle of infertility. I am committed to helping my clients stop suffering in silence and not only learn how to navigate the complexities of infertility but find ways to thrive in their experience rather than just survive it.
In addition to this work, I also help couples who are finding themselves in turmoil or disconnected in their relationships and help these couples learn new ways to open up communication, deepen their connection and revitalize their relationship with one another.
I want to help you feel less alone. You deserve to discover your strength and your happiness. It is possible to be fulfilled in your relationships. Together, we will increase your confidence in your ability to successfully manage your life, your relationships and yourself.
Why Did You Become a Therapist?
Therapy is my calling. Ever since I was a child, people have been sharing their stories with me.
I believe that everyone deserves to feel loved, accepted, content, confident, and fulfilled not only in their relationship with others but also with themselves. And that everyone, no matter their life circumstances, can heal and grow.
Most of all, I believe that anyone has the ability to not just survive in life, but to thrive.
What is your experience?
As a result, I understand what it feels like to have to overcome really hard things. I know what it feels like to have to manage difficult relationships, deal with loss, navigate major life transitions and cope with the overwhelm of day to day stress. And I can relate to the pain and frustration that comes with infertility. It is hard to do these things alone.
Okay. But What About Your Formal Training?
Formal education and training is important. Here is some of mine:
- BA degree in Ethical, Social, and Political Philosophy from the University of Massachusetts
- BA degree in Women and Gender Studies from the University of Massachusetts.
- MSW (Master of Clinical Social Work) from Simmons College
- Specialization in Mental Health and Addictions
- Specialization in Interpersonal Violence and Complex Trauma
- Registered with the Massachusetts state licensing board as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) #118990
- Formal training in the following evidenced based practice models:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- I am a published writer and current social relationships expert at The Perpetual You magazine.